Level I, II, & III Seminars – Wormerveer, NED
The Ma Strength team comes to the Netherlands for 3 seminars over this weekend!
The first is our Level I Seminar on Chinese weightlifting technique which is a practical, hands-on seminar that introduces the fundamental technical elements to improve snatch, clean, and jerk technique under the guidance of expert coaches at Ma Strength. In this unique weightlifting clinic you will:
- Learn Chinese weightlifting technique using China’s learning progression for the snatch, clean, and jerk,
- Have your lifting evaluated individually and within a group setting to learn from others, and
- Practice this style of lifting with weights attendees feel comfortable with while receiving verbal cues from experienced coaches.
Next is our Level II seminar. The first portion of this seminar is primarily lecture-based for coaches who want to enhance their coaching skills. Experienced athletes who want to improve their understanding of weightlifting techniques are welcomed as well. The latter portion covers coaching cues for implementing Chinese weightlifting technique through hands-on instruction and group critique. Instructors can shadow if they wish not to lift or can use a video of their athlete for critique.
In this seminar, you will learn:
- A basic overview of the Chinese weightlifting system
- Training philosophy & biomechanics
- Coaching methods & best practices
- Programming design for beginner, intermediate, and advanced lifters
- Gender differences in training
- Hands on coaching practice
Finally, we have our Level III seminar. The first portion of this seminar is primarily lecture-based for coaches and athletes who want to enhance their understanding about assistance movements. The latter portion covers coaching cues for implementing bodybuilding, strength training, and assistance movements through hands-on instruction and group critique. Instructors can shadow if they wish not to lift or can use a video of their athlete for critique.
In this seminar, you will learn:
- Best practices for programming strength training
- A basic framework for choosing assistance movements
- Biomechanical analysis of muscular groups
- Hands on practice with frequently used bodybuilding, strength training, and assistance movements.
Current participants must attend the Level I before attending Level II, and they must attend Level II before Level III. seminar. Past participants can attend any individual seminar. In each seminars, all attendees should expect to learn Chinese weightlifting methods as taught in sports schools throughout China. These are very practical, hands-on clinics for athletes of all levels who want to improve their ability to perform the lifts and coaches who want to learn an alternative way of approaching the snatch, clean, and jerk. Olympic weightlifters, Cross Fitters, trainers, and coaches are welcomed. Coaches can shadow during the seminar if they wish to not lift.
Who: All experience levels, including beginners, are welcome.*
Date/Time for Level I: March 31: 9am – 1pm, 130pm – 6pm
Date/Time for Level II: April 1: 9am – 12pm, 1pm – 3pm
Date/Time for Level III: April 1: 330pm – 830pm
- Level I or II Seminar: €400
- Level III Seminar (for past participants): €300
- Level I and II Combo: €675
- Level I, II, & III Combo: €900
Where: Crossfit 075, Industrieweg 20B, 1521 ND Wormerveer, Netherlands
Registration: Please contact Samantha Van Dijken at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions please message Samantha Van Dijken at email@example.com or Ma Strength at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you plan to receive CEU credits, please contact Ma Strength upon registration.
*Note: The Level I and II are approved by the NASM so CPTs can earn 0.7 for seminar CEUs toward their accreditation. This seminar teaches material that may be new to many individuals regardless of experience. While no level of experience is required, you must be able to overhead squat, front squat, and be able to perform a full snatch and full clean with an empty bar in order to participate fully.