Level I and II Seminars – Lincoln Park, Chicago, IL
The Ma Strength team comes to Chicago hosting 2 seminars over this weekend!
The first is our Level I Seminar on Chinese weightlifting technique which is a practical, hands-on seminar that introduces the fundamental technical elements to improve snatch, clean, and jerk technique under the guidance of expert coaches at Ma Strength!. In this unique weightlifting clinic you will:
- Learn Chinese weightlifting technique using Coach Ma’s learning progression for the snatch, clean, and jerk,
- Have your lifting evaluated individually and within a group setting to learn from others, and
- Practice this style of lifting with weights attendees feel comfortable with while receiving verbal cues from experienced coaches.
Next is our Level II seminar. The first portion of this seminar is primarily lecture-based for coaches who want to enhance their coaching skills. Experienced athletes who want to improve their understanding of weightlifting techniques are welcomed as well. The latter portion covers coaching cues for implementing Chinese weightlifting technique through hands-on instruction and group critique. Instructors can shadow if they wish not to lift or can use a video of their athlete for critique.
In this seminar, you will learn:
- A basic overview of the Chinese weightlifting system
- Training philosophy & biomechanics
- Programming design for beginner, intermediate, and advanced lifters
- Gender differences in training
- Hands on coaching practice
Participants must attend the Level I seminar before attending the Level II seminar. In both seminars, all attendees should expect to learn Chinese weightlifting methods as taught in sports schools throughout China. These are very practical, hands-on clinics for athletes of all levels who want to improve their ability to perform the lifts and coaches who want to learn an alternative way of approaching the snatch, clean, and jerk. Olympic weightlifters, Cross Fitters, trainers, and coaches are welcomed. Coaches can shadow during the seminar if they wish to not lift.
Who: All experience levels, including beginners, are welcome.*
Date/Time for Level I: August 19: 9am – 1pm, 2pm – 5pm
Date/Time for Level II: August 20: 9am – 12pm, 1pm – 3m
- Level I or Level II Seminar: $350
- Level I and II Combo: $550
Where: Lincoln Park Crossfit, 2440 N Lincoln Ave, Chicago, IL 60614
- For Level I: Here
- For Level II (if you have already attended Level I in the past): Here
- For Level I and II Combo: Here
For more information, contact Steve Mass at Steve@lincolnparkcrossfit.com or Manuel Buitrago at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you plan to receive CEU credits, please contact Manuel upon registration.
*Note: The Level I and II seminars are approved by the NASM so CPTs can earn 0.7 CEUs for each seminar toward their accreditation (Total 1.4 hours). This clinic teaches material that may be new to many individuals regardless of experience. While no level of experience is required, you must be able to overhead squat, front squat, and be able to perform a full snatch and full clean with an empty bar in order to participate fully. In the rare event that a seminar is canceled, registrants will receive a refund. As circumstances may require us to cancel or reschedule seminars; please consider this when arranging travel. Ma Strength is not liable for any expenses incurred due to re-scheduling or cancellation.