- Level I Seminar: Chinese WL Technique – Huntington, NY
The Ma Strength team is coming back to New York for a seminar on Chinese weightlifting technique! This is a practical, hands-on seminar that introduce the fundamental elements behind Chinese weightlifting technique to improve snatch, clean, and jerk technique under the guidance of expert coaches at Ma Strength: Ma Jianping and Manuel Buitrago. In this unique weightlifting clinic you will:
- Learn Chinese weightlifting technique using Coach Ma’s learning progression for the snatch, clean, and jerk,
- Have your lifting evaluated individually and within a group setting to learn from others, and
- Practice this style of lifting with weights attendees feel comfortable with while receiving verbal cues from experienced coaches.
- The technique clinic is also approved by the NASM and eligble for 0.7 CEU for CPTs.
All attendees should expect to learn Chinese weightlifting methods as taught in sports schools throughout China. This clinic is open to athletes and coaches of all levels who want to improve their ability to perform the lifts and coaches who want to learn an alternative way of approaching the snatch, clean, and jerk. Olympic weightlifters, Cross Fitters, trainers, and coaches are welcomed. Participants can also observe the seminar if they wish not to lift.
Who: All experience levels, including beginners, are welcome.*
Date/Time: July 1, 9am-1pm, 2pm-5pm
- Early Bird (until May 7): $339
- Afterwards: $350
Where: Crossfit Dix Hills, 1160 E Jericho Turnpike #116, Huntington, NY 11743
For more information, contact Chad Lanier at email@example.com or Manuel Buitrago at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you plan to receive CEU credits, please contact Manuel upon registration.
*Note: The technique seminar is approved by the NASM so CPTs can earn 0.7 CEUs toward their accreditation. This clinic teaches material that may be new to many individuals regardless of experience. While no level of experience is required, you must be able to overhead squat, front squat, and be able to perform a full snatch and full clean with an empty bar in order to participate fully.